DISCOVER THE MAIN ADVANTAGES OF THIS!
There are a few possibilities when it comes to sharing Instagram Stories. You can share a Story in your feed, in your Stories, or even on Facebook. And while it may seem like a basic function for an Insta user, knowing how to share Instagram Stories is critical to marketing results on this social network.
If you want to know how this type of sharing can benefit your strategy and how to do it, in practice, come with us in this post!
In addition to being able to deliver relevant content from other Instagram profiles to your audience, you can also use Story sharing to:
Yes, you can leverage a Story you made for Instagram on Facebook. And, if the content is designed for that, the strategy can work.
Remember they have Stories features that are exclusive to Instagram, okay? So if you post a Story with a poll on Instagram, it won't work on Facebook.
Strengthen relationships with influencers and partners
More than money, Instagram digital influencers want to increase their power of influence.
This means that having your content shared on other channels can be very valuable, especially for those who talk about the same topics as the influencer. The more "qualified" people have access to the influencer's content, the greater the chances of it being seen and followed.
And that's what every digital influencer wants: more qualified followers and greater influence.
By sharing relevant stories from influencers for free, you open the door to a relationship that can have many positive ramifications for the brand.
Here at mLab's, we make it a point to share stories from people who are authorities in marketing. And, it is not a coincidence that many of them are true ambassadors of mLab's on social media. It is a sincere partnership relationship, which does not involve any kind of payment on our part.
Give your audience a voice and encourage the UGC.
A person who takes the time to produce content citing, praising, or referencing your brand deserves – at the very least – your attention.
Here at mLab's, we share the Stories generated by our customers with great consideration, especially those who recommend our tool in some way. We even have an Instagram highlight dedicated to the subject: the "who approves."
After all, which channels can I share a story on?
The Story is the same as mLab's: democratic. You can share it on different channels, like on your Instagram feed or even on Facebook. It all depends on whether the content is relevant.
But, as we mentioned earlier, if you make a Story that only works with a feature, such as a thermometer, poll, or question, it is clear that it will not be functional for another social network.
Now, if the text and image are more flexible and general, they can work on Facebook, in the Insta feed, even in the Story itself. What counts is that well-known motto: content is king!
How to share the Instagram story on Facebook?
Once you understand some of the benefits of sharing Instagram Stories, it's time to get down to business.
To share your Story on Facebook, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Make your Stories normally on Insta. Anything goes; it can be photo, boomerang, focus, superzoom, video.
- Step 2: Click on the "…more" button located at the bottom of the screen.
- 3rd step: Now, choose the "Story setting" option and, soon after, the button will appear for you to activate sharing on Facebook.
Did you see it?! You can cross-post from Instagram Stories to Facebook Stories with just a few clicks.
Friendly tip: this sharing option is not available for a business profile on Instagram, only for personal accounts.
And, is there a way to share a Story in the feed?
Of course, it does! After app updates, you can share both videos and photos from your Story straight to your Insta feed. To make it easier, just follow this step by step:
- 1st step: You can make the Story you want and post it on your social network, as you normally do.
- Step 2: View your Story and click on the bottom where it says "…more".
- Step 3: Choose the "Share as Post" option.
- Step 4: Position the Story the way you prefer. If it's video, you still choose whether it will go up in the feed with or without audio.
- Step 5: Click "Next" to include a filter, add a caption, tag people or add location.
- Step 6: Before sharing on Insta feed, you still have the chance to cross this Story on Facebook, Twitter, and even Tumblr.
Extra tip: when sharing in the feed, the image of this post will not go down after 24 hours, as happens in Stories. That is, if you want your followers to no longer view the post, you will have to manually delete it.
Can I also share a feed post to Stories?
You can, and this strategy is very good! If you make a feed post that deserves to be shared and get more attention from your followers, it's worth posting it in Stories too.
Another option is to share a friend's or third party's post in your Stories, as long as that user has an open profile and allows their content to be re-shared.
The step-by-step for these two options, whether sharing your post or someone else's, is the same. Check it out:
- Step 1: Go to the profile picture you want to share and click on it.
- 2nd step: Click on the paper plane that is below the image.
- Step 3: Choose the option "Add post to your story."
- Step 4: Edit the Story the way you want. It can include text, emoji, gif, or other functionality.
- 5th step: Poste or Story is ready!
And, how to share stories in which the brand or user is mentioned?
It is super common for consumers or friends to post Stories and tag their profiles. Did you know that you can repost your own Story when this happens? It's just a few steps. Come and see:
- Step 1: A notification will appear for you whenever someone tags your profile. Click on that alert and open the message.
- Step 2: Just above the Story you were tagged, the option "Add this to your story" will appear.
- Step 3: Click on this option, edit the Story the way you prefer, and post it on your profile.
Many brands use this feature and share their customers' photos, videos, and boomerangs on their profiles.
Is there a way to share stories from the stories archive?
Yes, in addition to all these options we've already discussed, you can still share a Story from your own file. There are four quick and super-practical steps. Check only:
- Step 1: Access your profile normally and click on the clock icon located at the top of the screen.
- Step 2: View your archived items and choose which ones to post.
- Step 3: Click on the chosen one and the "Share" option. Then edit the Story however you like.
- 4th step: Send the file, as you do in all Stories, and that's it!
You've come this far, and you can already consider yourself an expert on how to share Instagram stories!
But knowing this is not enough to have good results on this social network! Having good Instagram strategies and using a good social media management tool is key! And if you have any questions, use the comments to ask!
Last modified 5mo ago